Fitness & relaxation centre
To free the mind after a hard day's work
We firmly believe that exercise plays a key role in the physical and mental well-being of our employees. This is why we have created an exercise facility within the company.
It is statistically proven that regular exercise reduces absenteeism, increases productivity and improves general well-being.
This is why we created a Fitness & Relaxation centre within the company.
By creating this centre for well-being we offer our 600 employees in France the chance to exercise at the end of every work day. For those who would rather relax, a relaxation area is provided to free their mind of their everyday worries.
A FULLY EQUIPPED HEALTH & FITNESS CENTRE
We wanted to provide an area offering professional equipment in a pleasant setting.
Our employees can enjoy:
- A fitness room (cardio, weight training and toning) with the latest generation equipment.
- A group activity room, ergonomically designed to offer a variety of classes for all tastes:
- Power classes: Body combat, Aerobics, Legs Bums and Tums, Spinning, etc.
- Relaxation sessions: Pilates, Swiss ball, etc.
- Fitness & fun: Ballroom dancing, Zumba, etc.
- Separate, modern men’s and women’s changing rooms that are spacious, comfortable and equipped with showers.
PERSONAL FITNESS COACHES
Each member receives a customized fitness programme based on their goals and physical condition.
The activities suggested can be the ideal way to help prevent certain health problems related to the work environment and everyday life. These include stress management, working on posture, relaxation, etc.
To give our employees the best service, we have recruited a team of experienced coaches to offer each member personal attention and help them make the best use of the equipment available.
WE ENCOURAGE INITIATIVE
To encourage our employees to really make this centre their own, we let them use their imagination and suggest proposals for the activities schedule. Employees who are experienced in a given sport can pass on their knowledge and passion to their colleagues during specific time slots. For example, for several weeks we offered Tamouré classes taught by one of our leatherworkers originally from Polynesia.
SOCIAL TIES THROUGH EXERCISE
We firmly believe that the gym is an excellent place for social cohesion. Therefore, on different occasions, it has been used as a place for discussion, sharing and communication for our employees.
For example, in 2015, special activities were organized for two significant events such as ‘PINK OCTOBER’ (to raise awareness for breast cancer) or CARNIVAL evening (members were encouraged to come in fancy dress and practise their sports activity in a festive setting).
THE BENEFITS FOR SIS
- Improved physical and mental well-being of our employees.
- Employees adapt better to stress and the working environment.
- A pleasant social climate and good health.
- Increased efficiency and productivity.
- Better intra-company relations.
“We wanted to create somewhere offering physical and sports activities while encouraging relaxation, social connections and well-being for employees in the workplace.”